Sunday, June 18, 2006

Quiet Father's Day

Emily enjoyed giving Daddy and Grandad her presents and cards this morning. She has a card waiting for Gramps when he gets back, too.

It's been a very quiet, uneventful day - Emily's played all day, Jon's been busy tidying the stock room and considering various furniture re-arranging schemes in an attempt to create some space. I've been busy plodding away with the usual deadlines.

I'm somewhat furious to discover that a magazine that owes us a not inconsiderable amount of money appears to have gone bust......or at least, I'm assuming they have. They've pulled their website, they're not replying to my contacts and their account is waaaay over due. I am not amused. Have spent a while looking up how to pursue the flippin debt through the county courts/small claims court/whatever. It couldn't have come at a worse time. Still, I suppose we've been lucky so far - we've run this business for eight years now and never had a bad debt bigger than the odd £20. Guess it had to happen sooner or later :-((

On a lighter note, Romeo has well and truly taken to the paddling pool - we spotted him out there this afternoon wandering around and around up on the rim before settling down to lounge on the edge of it with his tail IN the water, ROFL!

1 comment:

Hazel said...

Lol @ Romeo. Didn't even a tiny part of you feel like giving him a quick push? I know, I'm evil. Mwah ha ha ha!