Monday, July 11, 2005

Bleary Eyed Monday

Feeling terribly tired today. Didn't get much sleep last night, although it never ceases to amaze me how my beloved husband manages to function on around 4-5 hours a night. I normally get around 7 hours and it's still not enough!!! Consequently, I fell asleep this morning while Emily was reading me a story about a fairground ghost, lol - not sure she was very impressed by my attention span! Nearly fell asleep half an hour ago sat on the floor packing parcels.... daresay I won't be surprised if we get irate phone calls in a day or two from people who've been sent the wrong things!

Apart from reading this morning, we had another bash at the problems in this mental maths book; it's quite good for this but-it's-summer-and-I-don't-feel-like-doing-any-work kind of stage, I think. We can do a double page spread in about 15 minutes, so it doesn't take too long and I can then mentally tick maths for the day if nothing else. Emily could probably do the Book 2 stuff, but we're sticking within our comfort zone for the moment.

Artistic skills were put to good use with lots of drawing practice from some of the "Draw 50..." series that we've had on the shelf for ages and never really looked at. I must admit to having groaned inwardly when Emily said she wanted me to have a go with her....but I must also admit that it was actually quite relaxing. Probably should do more of it.

Swimming this afternoon with Romy and Hazel, probably for the last time until after the school holidays. Call me a wimp, but I really don't fancy a crowded pool full of boisterous kids. Just not my thing. The girls seemed to have fun this afternoon with a long, involved play of something or other, whilst their two Mums kept a beady eye on them....and half froze to death. Swimming pools are all very well if you can actually swim in them; not such a ball when having to stay upright and watch little ones!

Back home, Emily was thrilled to find Jon had bought her a tape with Tony Robinson reading some Jackanory stories on it. I'm not sure she realises they're nothing to do with history...but then again Old Tone can't put a foot wrong round these parts, so....

On a more sombre note, Jon had a nasty shock this morning when, returning home from the post office, he found a dead black cat in the road right outside our house, and it was the spitting image of Cassie. :-(((((( It was a heart-stopping five minutes that we all thought it WAS Cassie, until we found her on a chair indoors. We stood looking at her, until she woke up and looked at us, looking at her, as if to say "What am I supposed to have done now???" Anyway, we took the cat off the road and into our place, but we haven't been able to establish who the poor thing belongs to, despite knocking on all the doors we can think of, asking in the post office etc. If nobody's claimed him or her by tomorrow, I guess we'll bury it in our garden, we can't just leave it out, obviously. :-((((

No comments: