Friday, July 29, 2005

Escape From the Tower!

That's the name of the board game we've spent all afternoon making. You can't really see from the picture, but Emily's drawn the Tower of London as the start and a crown to symbolise the finish, painted golden stepping stones and designed lots of Tudor themed 'event' cards to go with certain numbered stones. There's a plague village too, where you get trapped unless you can roll a six. The playing pieces are laminated portraits of Henry and his wives. We've had lots of plays so far and Emily's won all of them! She's playing against Daddy later on though, so we'll have to see if her winning streak continues!

This morning I was busy trying to get Actinic v7 to work (finally, it did, just as I was about to give up) and Jon was out taking Grandad on his weekly shopping trip, so Emily amused herself with lots and lots of drawing and jigsaws. To her delight another dressing up dress arrived from ebay, with lots of gold braid and what passes for a split gown effect at the front. Needless to say Mistress Boleyn been "in costume" ever since.

Still didn't get to do the quill and ink drawing, though, and I've forgotten several other things I had in mind too. We keep being overtaken by new ideas, lol. I'll have to write down all these possible activities I keep thinking of, so that when/if we get an "I'm bored" I can pull something out of the hat, as it were. Fortunately, that hardly ever seems to happen - quite the opposite, in fact, we don't seem to have enough time ever to do all the things we want to do!

No comments: