Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Getting Soggy Again

It's still raining. This is A Good Thing. At least, it's good for me because it energizes me. It's good for Emily because it's fun. Less good for poor Jon who has to tramp up and down to the post office three or four times a day with bag loads of packages....he has the drowned rat look off pat now.

I was going to post a picture or Emily smiling soggily from her swings, but for some reason the picture uploader thing is blanking out on me half way through. It did that yesterday too. Is it just me?

Anyway. Emily took it upon herself to investigate Kings and Queens this morning, and was busy drawing portraits and writing lists of them (??) for hours. This afternoon we've watched lots and lots of extremly wet birds, played some card games and tried a Su Doku puzzle from a kids Su Doku magazine Hazel showed me. Wasn't entirely a success, that bit. She did get the hang of it, with prompting, but wasn't keen to do more than one, shall we say. Pity, 'cos I'm sure it's very good brain exercise.

Other than that (and more "who cares if it's raining" garden play) she's been pottering about being very busy....I'm just not entirely sure at what.

Work is frantic at the moment - we're trying very hard to get extra business in, and it seems to be working. Not only on the retail side, either. Had a surprise one-off commission from the press agency today, wanting some astrology copy (by Friday!!!!!! talk about short notice) for a mystery non-UK magazine client. The one-off's paying quite well, and apparently if we impress there's a very good chance they'll make it a regular thing, so..... excuse me while I get back to work!

No comments: