Saturday, December 24, 2005

Darkness is Falling...

...as I write, and we're heading into a peaceful Christmas Eve night. Well, I say peaceful - I know a certain someone who's rather excited about tomorrow.

I don't know how old I was when that magical feeling about Christmas vanished, but I do remember waking up one Christmas morning wondering what all the fuss was about. Quite a sad moment, that was. Thankfully, Emily's still young enough - just? - to listen out for sleigh bells tonight and be absolutely awe inspired by the candelit carols and the thrill of the run up to the big day. Long may it continue!

It's been a busy Christmas Eve, but we've got there in the end. Emily and I baked the yule log - I hadn't realised how tricky swiss roll recipes are for those of us who are somewhat culinarily challenged, lol. Still, the end result looks scrummy:

Emily has also made brandy snap fruit baskets, wrapped up presents for the assorted cats and kittens and put the finishing touches to the Christmas cards she was making. We'll be off to the carol service shortly, and then back to snuggle down for a cosy evening before Emily eventually goes to bed, and the reindeer arrive with their special delivery :-)))

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: